Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
776 Gymnastics Academy complies with the British Gymnastics Child Protection Policy.
776 Gymnastics Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young vulnerable adults and expects coaches and volunteers to share this commitment and adhere to and comply with 776 Gymnastics Academy Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult Statement at all times.
The club will endeavour to promote the highest standards of care for all members, staff and officials by:
• Providing and implementing procedures to safeguard the well being of all participants and protect them from abuse.
• Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of all participants.
• Adopt good practice in recruitment, training and supervision of all employees and volunteers, and provide guidance to parents and carers.
• The appointment of a Welfare Officer to whom grievances or complaints can be made confidentially.
• Ensuring that staff are suitably trained in Child Protection and Health, Safety and Welfare issues.
• Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to work with children including Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure and registration with ISA.
• Ensuring that a minimum of two responsible adults are present at all training sessions or events.
• Ensuring that the participants and/or parents are aware of the purpose of videoing, filming and photography during training or events.
• Having a zero tolerance level of poor practice, bullying or any potential form of abuse.
• Require all employees, members and clubs to adopt British Gymnastics’ Code of Ethics and Conduct, Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and the Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
• Respond to all allegations and concerns, and implement the appropriate disciplinary and appeals procedure.
For full details of the Child Protection Policy please visit the British Gymnastics website.